Monday, February 07, 2005

Blogging Hiatus

I'm going to take a break from blogging for a while. Maybe for several days, maybe for Lent (Ash Wednesday is almost upon us), maybe indefinitely. We'll have to see, I'm just going to play it by ear.

For a good two years I was a regular commenter in the blogosphere, but steadfastly resisted becoming a blogger myself. Then in November I just sort of fell into it, completely by accident. I've enjoyed blogging these past going-on-three months. Though since I fell into it accidentally, I suspect I look at blogging differently from those who took it up deliberately. I've enjoyed blogging, but unlike some bloggers, I don't feel driven to blog.

I'll just say that, despite the misgivings I expressed in my very first post back in November, this has not been coming over me gradually; it struck me today suddenly and unwelcomely, like a bolt of lightning. I need to take a breather.

To paraphrase General MacArthur, "I may return."

1 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

We don't blog because we're driven. We do it for the outlet. Pop in when you feel like writing, otherwise you know you're always welcome at my place.

Monday, February 07, 2005 8:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home