Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Einstein Hair

True fact: when I get up in the morning, my hair is always sticking straight up, sticking straight out, sticking out in every which direction. It looks like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket. It looks like Einstein hair.

The hair on my head has always been rather fine. Unlike the hair in my beard, which is thicker and wiry. When I was younger, my hair used to get somewhat wavy in warmer, humid weather. Nowadays it doesn't get wavy any more. It just goes completely wild and every which way whenever I sleep on it.

Even an afternoon nap will do it sometimes. Overnight will do it for sure. I get up with crazy Einstein hair. And then I can't smooth it down. I can't comb it down. I can't slick it down. It just sticks right back up again. The only fix is to wash my hair, with shampoo and conditioner. And it'd better be the right kind of conditioner, too; the new brand I'm trying right now is not very effective at de-Einsteining me.

In short, I have to wash my hair every day, or else go around with hair that has that gale force wind look to it. To tell the truth, sometimes on my day off, if I'm not planning on going out, I don't bother. I just slop around the house all day with Einstein hair. Yeah, E = mc² and all that, baby...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Tetrast said...

Excessive shampooing can, after a number of years, cause hair to stand straight up out of one's head. I read this in an article some years ago. It talked about a woman to whom this happened and said that it's a known phenomenon. (For all I know, however, shampoo formulas have changed in some relevant way).

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard Frizz-ease fixes that. And Suave just came out with a reasonably priced "smoothing" shampoo formula. Or, you could shave your head. But I bet bald is cold in the frozen tundra where you live :)

Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home