Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Uma Thurman's Huge Hands

Let's get one thing straight: I always thought Uma Thurman was one hot chick. Slightly odd looking, but hot.


Let's get another thing straight: I've never been much of a moviegoer, so the first time I ever really focused on more than just a flitting passing image of Uma Thurman was when I got the DVD of Kill Bill, Volume 1. I've watched that movie countless times since, especially the wondrously bloody sword fight sequence. (I also liked Kill Bill, Volume 2, though to steal one of Winston Churchill's less felicitous lines, it's more jaw-jaw than war-war.)


Anyhow. When I first sat down and watched Kill Bill, Volume 1, about three times in two days, I had the most curious reaction: Oh my God, I never realized that Uma Thurman has such huge hands!

I mean, not just big, but huge!


And not just ordinary huge, but freakishly huge.


I mean, huge like cartoon-character hands.


This is evidently nothing new. I mean, if you go look at pictures from earlier films, Uma Thurman has always had the most implausibly large hands you've ever seen.


It's no special effect, either. No, that woman simply has... well, huge hands. In real life. She simply has way big hands.


I don't know quite what to make of it. I mean, I still think Uma Thurman is one hot woman. Albeit slightly odd looking. But fer cryin' out loud, them hands...


Huge.


Huge.


Huge.


I Mean, Just Huge.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So does Kirsten Dunst. Especially in Spiderman 2 where they show off her hands with the engagement ring....

Friday, December 15, 2006 2:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a trait she shares with the late Fred Astaire.

The funny thing being, he was always hyperconscious of his large hands and tried to keep them off-camera or in constant motion when on-camera, and he would also sort of curl them, tucking his two middle fingers down between his pinky and index fingers to make his hands look smaller. You can see it in all his dance numbers wherein he had to extend his hands out.

By the way, have you noticed that Uma also has odd feet?

Friday, December 15, 2006 4:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's one hot Uma.

Didn't she star in Even Cowgirls Get The Blues? With the big thumb. We thought it was movie gimickry.

Uma is , I believe 6'-0"

- AndrewBB
http://www.thinkpeoplethink.com/blog

Friday, December 15, 2006 7:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's got large hands and feet because she's on the top edge of the bell curve, heightwise.

It has something to do with growth hormone and the effects of testosterone. It's hands and feet that stop growing last: as a result, people who are very tall have a strong tendency to have very large feet and hands.

The famed castrati singers grew very tall without the terminating effect of testosterone, which thickens and hardens bone. They had long fingers and toes, rather like Uma's.

I would guess that Uma went through puberty fairly late.

For the record, I've never found Uma particularly hot.

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...now that you mention it, 'she' also has a rather pronounced Adam's Apple.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nathan's comment was rather mean and stupid.

And Uma's hot, big hands or no. A confident guy doesn't care.

Friday, November 28, 2008 4:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

her hands are great, actually, very sexy

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 7:06:00 PM  
Blogger W said...

Dude, I LOVE her hands. I noticed how big they were in Kill Bill also, when she gets her first real look at B.B. They're marvelous.

Monday, December 26, 2011 5:23:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My fiancee looks like Uma Thurman and her hands and feet are just like Uma's. Uma's (and my fiancee's) feet are also big. Take a look in the scene in Kill Bill Vol. 1 when The Bride is paralyzed and she enters a truck and tries to move one of her toes. The closeups on her feet show they're big too, just like her hands. Just like my fiancee's.

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read somewhere that she has Marfan Syndrome. But in reading about Marfan, it didn't say anything about the symptom of having the index finger to be almost as long as her middle finger ( as she does) so maybe its not Marfan, but another condition. She is a very beautiful lady regardless.

Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:56:00 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Uma also has big, beautiful feet. In Kill Bill they are shown in exquisite detail. Uma is an example of a woman who is beautiful but not pretty meaning she does not have conventional classic looks but distinctive features. One can also say the same about Jennifer Grey and her nose before she had a nose job.

Monday, July 20, 2015 4:54:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Soooo fuckong right, she is hott but I always noticed the hands??

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Im just happy others see it, my wife hates kill bill, but she loves disagreeing with me, and she even dislikes Uma "according to her" but I can not get her to say the lady has huge hands for nothing, im glad you all see and now I have at least a lil proof she is just being, " argumentative".

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home