Friday, July 01, 2005

Six Years Here

It was six years ago today that I started out as pastor of Mt. Hope and St. John's. July 1, 1999. I'd come over here to Iowa a couple of days before to drop off my car and a few other items. And actually it was July 2 that I arrived with the U-Haul truck. I remember it was incredibly hot. Folks helping me carry boxes out of the truck down the gangplank into the house.

Mt. Hope
Mt. Hope Presbyterian Church

July 3 and 4, the big Lions Fourth of July event in the neighboring town of Eitzen. I remember it was incredibly hot. Between the heat and the exhaustion of moving in, I came back to the house afterwards and slept for 18 hours straight.

St. John's
St. John's United Church of Christ

That was then. This is six years later. And these past six years have been a real blessing. The best six years of my life. God willing, I hope to be living here and ministering here for many years to come.

In addition to the pictures above, you can find plenty of pictures of the people of St. John's and Mt. Hope here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home