Thursday, January 19, 2006

Misoverheard

So I was stumbling around getting breakfast this morning, and as usual I had the radio on, tuned to the news station from Cedar Rapids. Not really listening that closely, you know. And somewhere between pouring the orange juice and getting the toast out of the toaster, I more or less overheard something like the following:
...electrical power is out in Maryland today, forcing the canceling of schools, where they were planning to watch the launch of an unmanned space probe on TV...
Naw, that couldn't have been what they were really saying. Could it? Though often, when I'm just out on the fringe of listening, and not quite paying attention, I misoverhear items like this. It's sort of like the spontaneous aural equivalent of William S. Burroughs' cut-ups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home