Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Stomach Bug

I was down yesterday with a minor stomach bug.

Actually I should've guessed something was coming over me Monday, my day off, when I felt sort of wiped out, and took four long naps during the day. Even after that I slept like a log Monday night, insomniac though I usually be; though I woke up at one point during the night, not feeling altogether well.

Up Tuesday morning with a queasy stomach, and no appetite at all. I tried to get down some breakfast, managed some orange juice, a little milk, half a slice of toast, a bite of ham, and less than half a hardboiled egg. Queasy. Then suddenly rushing to the bathroom, and it all came right back up again. Vomiting and vomiting. I went back to bed.

By early afternoon, I was able to keep down some cream of chicken soup. By late afternoon, jello. And on into the evening I had some bland food like applesauce, and peas. But skipped out of the Lions board meeting last night; I still wasn't feeling any too chipper.

And slept again last night like a log. Now up this morning, and feeling a lot better, though still this sensation around the edges like, "Don't angrify that stomach."

3 Comments:

Blogger The Tetrast said...

I read something a few weeks ago about a "vomiting bug" across the big pond. http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=vomiting

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Yeah, this is the time of year when that kind of thing is going around. Fortunately I'm functional again this morning. It was about this time a year ago that I came down with an actual case of the flu, which laid me low for several days.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blech! We had something similiar here a few weeks ago. Be very very careful not to over-do. Relapsing is horrid!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home