Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lions Club

Well, last night we had our big annual Lions Club dinner at the Community Center. Steak dinner, yes!

Plans are well in place for our impending annual Fourth of July event, which will draw many, many thousands of people to this small town of just over 200. Tractor pull, demolition derby, combine demolition derby, softball tournament, parade, flea market, food stands, beer tent, music, and of course fireworks.

Last night we also inducted our new Lions Club officers for the coming year. I must confess I'd been slightly nervous about this, though here I am the next morning, still in one piece. Still in one piece, and for the next year President of our local Lions Club.

Eh, it's a great Lions Club, I have Robert's Rules of Order down to an automatic reflex, we'll do fine. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY FOR YOU! It sounds so throughly G-rated fun that I'm tempted to drive to Wisconsin. Hmmmmm. There's always next year!

Did you know I got married on the fourth? Hmmmm. I feel a post coming on.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home