Saturday, May 12, 2007

Leap Without Looking

stand rock
Another one of them pictures I ran across out there somewhere. The small town in Wisconsin where I grew up is about halfway between Madison and Wisconsin Dells. I remember when I was a kid hearing about Stand Rock, and how people would leap across like that. Whether they were still doing it at that time, I have no idea.

Are people still making the leap at Stand Rock today? Again, I don't know; though in this day of bike helmets and warning labels ("Caution: Coffee Is Hot!"), I very much doubt it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Tetrast said...

When I was young I stranded myself for an hour here, an hour there, overcome by fear like a solid wall, at a few places that I was brave enough to leap or climb to but too scared to return from, until I realized I just had no choice. Nothing as scary-looking as in that picture, though. No way I'd have ever jumped there in the first place!

Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

places that I was brave enough to leap or climb to but too scared to return from

Heh. I was just about to comment that if I made that leap I'd end up spending the rest of my natural life on Stand Rock.

Unless I could convince some other poor sap to jump across with a rope or something.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Richmond said...

Yeepers! :^0

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 7:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home