Friday, July 22, 2005

Russian Watch! Russian Watch!

russian watch
Boy, this must be my week for buying things online.

See, I've had this watch, a Swiss Army watch, for several years now, and it served me okay, only it's getting so my sweat is tarnishing and corroding and almost rusting it away. (My sweat has a way of doing this to watches.) The leather watchband is also wearing out to the point where it's just absolutely falling apart— I could get the watchband replaced, done that before, but why bother when the watch itself is looking like something dredged up from a salvage operation?

So instead I got a Russian army watch from RussArmy, and Mr. UPS Man delivered it yesterday. Check out the easy-to-read numerals, with little glow-in-the-dark dots next to them. Check out the (glow-in-the-dark) hands. Check out the red star and army tank. Check out the inscription in Russian, "Komandirskie" (rough Roman alphabet transcript). Check out the date window. Check out the ring with minutes, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or more, around the edge.

And this watch has a self-winding mechanical movement, 31 jewels. It ticks like a real watch should. None of that wimpy quartz movement crap.

Truth be told, this isn't the first mechanical Russian army watch I've had. Many years back I had one, face of the watch identical to this one, but without many of these cool newer features. Wore that watch to death till it wouldn't run no more. And only now do I find a worthy replacement.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Congrats, you have got a reaaly cool watch as I can see. I have a site dedicated to russian watches , you could be interested to take a look.

Friday, September 16, 2005 7:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home