Thursday, May 17, 2007

Mandriva Linux 2007.0

linux
Yesterday evening I finally bit the bullet, and installed a new release of Mandriva Linux on my IBM ThinkPad T20. Mandriva 2007.0 (no, not the "Spring" 2007.1 release, I'm not quite that bleeding-edge). It replaces Mandriva 2006, for which security updates ran out a good month ago. Actually I've had the Mandriva 2007.0 DVD around here for a couple of months, though only now, as I head into the slower season of the year, have I found time to install it.

Installation went smoothly. Stayed up late last night downloading security and bugfix updates, hundreds upon hundreds of megabytes. Was at it again this morning, and now have most updates in place. Then comes restoring my custom configuration, which I'll do in bits and pieces over the next several days.

And need I say? Linux rules!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it makes you happy :)

And it once again points out to me that you and I are different people, as my grandmother used to say.

Personally, I can utter no scarier words to my husband than "I worked on your computer today". Which to me implies that I cleaned his mouse-ball-tracker-thingy and to him means I killed his computer :)

Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home