Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Books and More Books

I've been over visiting my folks in Wisconsin. My Dad is weeding out his books, so I came back with four grocery bags full of books. The White Company by Arthur Conan Doyle. Dwight Eisenhower's memoirs of World War II. Charles de Gaulle's memoirs of World War II. A biography of the Emperor Constantine. Worlds in Collision by Immanuel Velikovsky. And a whole stack of Doctor Doolittle books...

Now the only question is, where to put all these books. I need to get another bookcase for them really. Though then the question is, where would the bookcase go in a house already full of bookcases?

Oh well, 3000 books in this house already, another several dozen isn't going to do me in.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger The Tetrast said...

Christopher Hitchens was just talking about some of those books. I think he reads your blog.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Hitchens? It can't be! Nobody gets past my blog's defensive perimeter unless they test negative for rabies. ;-)

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger The Tetrast said...

An Anglosphere Future: A shared tradition of ideas and values can be a force for liberty," Christopher Hitchens, City Journal via Opinion Journal (WSJ), todeay, Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:01 a.m. EDT. He starts right out talking about The White Company and is into Eisenhower by the second paragraph. Maybe it's like that story you wrote, somehow projecting Archetypes into him.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Hmmmm... interesting. And the only reason I didn't take my Dad's many volumes of Sherlock Holmes is because I've already got my own one-volume set.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home