Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What Did the High Step Say to the Low Step?

circus 3
When I was five years old, I came up with a joke which I thought was just hilarious:
Q: What did the high step say to the low step?

A: "You're too low to step on!"
I dunno, demented as I am, I still think it's funny. You know? They're both steps! They're both made to be stepped on! Though it's one of those things, either you get it, or else you don't.

Anyhow, for my sixth birthday I was going to be a guest on a local TV show called Circus 3. A ventriloquist named Howie Olson, a dummy called Cowboy Eddie, a bunch of kids sitting in the peanut gallery on little bleachers off to the side, and some chit chat in between airing various cartoons. I insisted to my folks that I was going to tell that joke live on the show. And my parents, watching from the next room through glass, were terrified that I was actually going to find some way to break in and tell that joke on the air...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home