Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tomorrow It Is

Tomorrow morning Caltechgirl will be defending her thesis.

Having been through this procedure myself some years back, up the road from Chapel Hill at Duke, I can definitely say it's an unforgettable experience. I can still remember how the philosophy professor on my committee asked me under what conditions the philosopher Charles Sanders Peirce might have considered an idea to be ultimately mistaken. ("Ultimate" here meaning "in an infinite long run of interpretation.") Follow-up question: Under a Peircean approach, would interpretations of ideas in aesthetics or ethics necessarily converge over the long run?

Ah yes, defending your thesis, it's quite the experience. Best wishes, blogmom! I'll be thinking of you! :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Caltechgirl said...

You are so sweet. I'll let y'all know tomorrow. :)

Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

I passed!

Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home