Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Who Do You Resemble?

paul burgess
There's this site which uses face recognition software. Upload a photo of yourself from your hard drive (warning: registration required), and it will tell you which celebrities you most closely resemble.

I tried it out with a shot of myself (yeah, that's me, right up above), and here are the results:
  1. Tennessee Williams 59%
  2. Oliver Stone 56%
  3. Seamus Heaney 55%
  4. Peter Ustinov 54%
  5. Henri Becquerel 52%
  6. Kevin Spacey 51%
  7. Edmund Husserl 50%
  8. Rafael Leonidas Trujillo 50%
  9. Alec Guinness 49%
  10. Arthur Rimbaud 48%
The Tennessee Williams resemblance is fairly pronounced, and I can also see my resemblance to Irish poet and writer Seamus Heaney. I'll certainly lay claim to Obi-Wan Kenobi too, and also to Edmund Husserl, who just in case you didn't know, was the founding father of modern phenomenology (yes, I carry items like this around in my head ;-).

(h/t Rosemary)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It didn't mention a young Santa on vacation? Because thats how I see you. Or maybe his chief elf-helper. I could SO see you in an elf outfit, getting the NorthPole computerized and organized!

What about hair recognition software? I've heard rumors you've got Einstein's hair.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 4:29:00 PM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

LOL! Yeah, that's me, standing there with a mild case of Einstein hair! And with the mountains of northeast Iowa in the background!

True fact: coming up on Christmas this year, I was asked by two different community organizations to "be" Santa. Unfortunately, it didn't work out with my schedule...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Ara said...

You got Trujillo, I got Castro.

Heh.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home