Sunday, February 12, 2006

New Laptop Battery

A new laptop battery arrived by FedEx Friday afternoon, and yesterday I finally found time to shut down my IBM ThinkPad and install the new battery. It's charged up now, haven't had time to test it, but it's got to be way better than my old laptop battery, which had gotten really sad; and by "sad," I mean like 20 minutes of use under ordinary conditions.

And at the time I shut my laptop down yesterday, it had achieved an uptime of 30 days, 1 hour, and 17 minutes, which for me is a personal record. I don't expect I'll better that in the foreseeable future: I've had a confluence of factors contributing to the ThinkPad running 30 days straight, including middle of the winter, hence no thunderstorms; middle of the winter, hence not gone on any overnight trips or vacations; and bad laptop battery, hence computer has to be plugged in, sitting here on my desk, if it's going to be of any use to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home