Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Sumer Is Icumen In

According to my calendration, with the coming of Memorial Day weekend the summer has begun. Alternate calendration, summer begins June 1. Summer is for me a time of the year when the hectic pace of life slows down considerably. Things I don't have time for the rest of the year, I always figure I'll get around to in the summer. Which, sometimes I do, often I don't.

Here's my floating mental list of things I will may get around to this summer:
  • Read some more science-fiction novels by Philip K. Dick.

  • Clean out the closet downstairs here in my study.

  • Sort through the endless boxes of papers in the closet upstairs in the radio room.

  • Play Shogi alias Japanese Chess.

  • Make a Nine Men's Morris board.

  • Get out and around and go places.

  • Catalog the 3,000 books I've got in this house.

  • Sit in the new shelter out back on a pleasant summer evening with brats, beer, and boombox.

  • Listen to shortwave radio on my Grundig Satellit 700.

  • Take time to slow down and relax.

  • Read more of the 3,000 books I've got in this house.

  • Work out in the garage on a couple of crafts projects that have been hanging forever.

  • Go walking. Exercise. Lose more weight.
Of course, it's anyone's guess how many of these I'll get around to. With any luck, more than just two or three of them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here at our house, I've heard vague rumors of a handheld scanner that you then download into your computer for automated library-style data ... I live in fear :)

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've got that! I've got that! :o) It's through collectorz.com and it's really fun. Paul, if you want to come take a test drive at my house, you sure can. I also have their software for DVDs.

Word Verification Hilarity for the Day: uouzbfan. Uozofan?

Maria Stahl

Sunday, June 17, 2007 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home