Saturday, June 23, 2007

Checkers and Checkerboard

checkerboard
I ran across this checkerboard and this set of checkers at an antique shop down in Marquette on Monday. Another find for my game collection!

The checkerboard is made of lithographed cardboard, with a solid wood frame around the edge. Made by J. Pressman & Co., Inc. I thought it looked like 1930s, and sure enough, googling around I find people dating this board to the 30s.

Checkers, unrelated to the board, Built-Rite Checkers. Very solid handsome interlocking checkers, black and light tan. Looking around online, I can date these checkers to 1943. Hard to figure just what they're made of. Bakelite? Could be.

chinese checkers
On the back is a board for Chinese checkers. "Hop Ching Checkers." Marbles not included.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

checkers now there's a game that's my speed

checkers and euchre

Saturday, June 23, 2007 8:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that game on the other side is now known as "Asian-American checkers."

Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home