Thursday, August 02, 2007

Carbon Footprint and Chinese Restaurant

So yesterday morning I went out and hit a used bookstore in Madison, came away with a few books including one interesting old book on the endgame in Checkers. Funniest part of visiting this bookstore was, the owner asked one of his flunkies to turn down the air conditioning another few degrees, and she said, "Oh, I really don't like increasing our carbon footprint."

With a straight face. Only in Madison, the Berkeley of the Midwest!

Then I visited an antique mall in the same shopping center. I've been visiting this antique mall for probably going on 20 years now, it's had its ups and downs. They seem to be on the upswing at the moment, though I didn't find anything that really tempted me. Still, a pleasant place to spend a quiet hour.

By now it was getting on toward noon, and I'd been vaguely thinking of going to a Chinese restaurant. Well, you know, there is a Chinese restaurant right next door to the antique mall, noticed it all these years though never ate there. So I stopped in— gigantic place inside, very Chinese in its decor— and had their buffet for lunch. Good food, may stop by there again while I'm on vacation.

Back to my folks' place, spent the afternoon reading through that Checkers book.

I've been thinking of getting a wool throw for my wicker sofa downstairs. Yes, wool, you know me and wool. My mom got a catalog in the mail, in it I found just what I was looking for. Went online, found it on another site (Pendleton) for cheaper than in the catalog, ordered it online. It will be shipped here and hopefully arrive while I'm still on vacation.

Slept soundly last night. Then got up this morning and had a migraine. One of my famous migraines. It's passed over now, but I've spent most of today flat on my back in bed, and had to postpone till tomorrow a visit I'd planned with a friend today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Richmond said...

Sounds like a wonderful vacation so far!!! :)

Monday, August 06, 2007 10:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home