Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Kether, Chokhmah, Binah, Chesed, Gevurah, Tiphareth, Netzach, Hod, Yesod, Malkuth


The ten sephiroth of the Jewish kabbalah. The ten sephiroth of the kabbalistic Tree of Life. "Ten and not nine, ten and not eleven." Above is one depiction of the sephiroth arranged in the Tree of Life. (I've had these pictures for years, can't say just when or where I first stumbled upon them. But they seemed like a worthy follow-up to my recent mystical rant.)


An animated diagram of the sephiroth. Slightly different transliteration than I use, but basically it's the same drill.


Here the sephiroth are labeled in Hebrew. Note also the twenty-two letters of the Hebrew alphabet, used to label the paths between sephiroth.


From Athanasius Kircher, Oedipus Aegyptiacus, 1652-54.


By Johannes de Bry, from the 17th century Works of Robert Fludd. For several years this was my computer wallpaper. You may also recognize it from the opening credits of the Japanese anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion— yeah, me and my Japanese robot cartoons...


Last but not least, here's the diagram of the ten sephiroth of the Jewish kabbalah which I drew up a number of years back when I was going through a very dark time in my life. Black Pigma Micron pigment ink on white cardboard, with dark red textured cardboard backing.

(This post is for Mark)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fancy graphics! Thanks!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could read the Hebrew, though. The one you drew is very nice.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home