Thursday, May 12, 2005

Secret Moon Base

Once several years ago I had this dream, as is recorded in my Book of Dreams:

A very weird day. Strange dream last night, on a Durham TV station, CBS Special Report, President Bush coming on to reveal a secret space project which had been undertaken over the past few years, secret military space shuttle flights taking up supplies to construct a moon shuttle in earth orbit, which over the past year had been transporting tools, supplies, astronauts, and scientists to the moon for the construction of an "emergency permanent lunar base" which had just been completed.

The President telling about how some scientists and astronauts have been "living on the moon continuously for over a year now, laboring under difficult conditions while wearing space suits, doing construction work on the surface of the moon, and two of them have given their lives in this endeavor."

Astronauts now transporting materials to the far side of the moon to construct a second lunar base there, near a "formation" which had been "built thousands of years ago by a race of alien beings from beyond our solar system." Film footage of astronauts in space suits on moon, gathered around a strange layout like an art-deco version of a Japanese Zen rock garden. The "formation" was also maintaining water in liquid form at the temperature of the lunar surface, in an open vacuum...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. E said...

Cool dream!!! I usually get dreams about crazy students, and fragments of pieces of things that I need to do the next day. I wish that I could have one like that, but hey, with only 7 days left of class, I might actually start dreaming normal dreams soon.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger Caltechgirl said...

So how did you know it was WRAL? ;)

I usually have dreams about work or blogging.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

Yeah, I do have plenty of weird dreams.

As for how I knew it was WRAL... well, I had this dream way back when I was living in North Carolina. Ergo, concordantly, vis à vis the dream, that's also President Bush, senior!

Friday, May 13, 2005 7:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home