Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Oil Change

The Jeep is due for an oil change, so I'm heading in to town this morning. And since it's a six-mile drive in to town, I'm also going to visit the barber and get a haircut— it's getting to be time for that, too.

Though first I'm going to stop off at the cafe for breakfast. Somehow I've managed to run out of almost everything at once for breakfast: milk is almost gone; no orange juice left; out of eggs; out of ham; almost out of jam. Either I eat out this morning, or else I'm going to have to settle for coffee and an unadorned slice of toast.

Somehow it seems that often when it's time for an oil change, all these factors come together as if by coincidence. Oh well. It's a good excuse to get out of the house for a while in the early morning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a morning "out" is just wonderful, isn't it? With no rush-rush-rush. I'm getting one of those on Thursday. Woohooo! I'm going to the bookstore! All by myself!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home