Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lighter Out Earlier

Oh dear. Here it is, not yet 5:30 in the morning, and already it's pretty much fully light outside. In fact it was starting to get light this morning by quarter to five.

I don't need any further incentive to be up, awake, and dragging my carcass out of bed early in the morning. At any time of the year, I can often find myself awake at four in the morning, three in the morning, or even earlier, and it's anyone's guess whether I'll ever get back to sleep again. Damn insomnia!

You don't suppose we could institute double daylight savings time, and shift yet another hour of light from the morning to the evening? (Yes, yes, yes, I know all the stock rote arguments against this, having to do with schoolbuses or whatever...)

Then again, that's from someone who, left to his own devices, often doesn't even bother to turn on any lights in the house in the evening, unless there's some special reason to do so. Yes, unless I need the light, I am often quite content in the evening to sit around in the house in the dark...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. If its "earlier" than 3:00am, that means its 2:00 something. Which is NOT early morning. Its the middle of the night!!!!

This typed by a woman who got up at 6:00 after five hours of sleep to drive to the zoo with forty-million first graders. Its possible I'm a little bitter, since I was just in the city YESTERDAY!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger Paul Burgess said...

I knew a woman who had a home business, baking and decorating cakes. And she regularly used to get up and start her day at midnight. Only way to get all those cakes done. That, in addition to all the other regular things that anyone does. Can't for the life of me imagine how she managed it...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speed. Crack. Coke. LSD. I bet those were some ... interesting ... cakes :P

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home