Monday, July 03, 2006

Bracing for the Fourth

Late afternoon today our local Lions Club's Fourth of July event gets underway in town. I've got some work to do this morning, which will take me up to the La Crosse area.

Then early afternoon head into town, and set up the inflatable bouncy houses, which the kids enjoy jumping on— sort of like a trampoline. And hope the high schoolers I lined up to supervise show up for their alotted time slots.

Six to nine this evening I'll be helping out at food stand #2, down near the tractor pull, which this year for the first time is sanctioned by the NTPA. I assume that stands for "National Tractor Pull Association."

All this is just the lead-in to all day tomorrow, on the Fourth, which will be several times as busy. In short, blogging is going to be light in these quarters for the next day or two.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. Patriotic heaven. I bet you even wear festive red, white, and blue clothes! (Well, you would if small children encouraged you to with "Please, mama, wear the skirt that twirls! I LOVE that one! It makes you look like a giant petunia."

Meanwhile, I'm stuck here in an area of the Midwest known as Grumpyville. Once again, I'm going to be whining that we don't have a parade. I'm practically surrounded by communists!

I did mention bitterly and sarcastically (though subtlely) to my husband the other day "Its too late this year, but next year I think we should go to Wisconsin where they have REAL American small-town festivities." I saw an interesting look cross his face. He thinks his big surprise next year is a trip to rural WISCONSIN, maybe for a cheese tour!

(Laughing so hard I'm choking!)

Yes, that would be fun, but no where NEAR the joy he better get from the Big Better Idea next year!

Monday, July 03, 2006 1:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home